4/23/2013

God's still got this!!!

6 months ago today, at 7 pm in the evening, i was told i have acute myeloid leukemia.

tomorrow i go for my last bone marrow test results.

i don't know where the time has gone. it's crazy to me. i looked at 3 pictures of myself tonight spanning a couple years: one with big, curly hair--pre-cancer; one with no hair--mid-cancer treatment; and one with growing hair--post-chemo treatment. i couldn't help but think about the passage of time while at the same time wondering how i got here...how i have gotten through this...

there's a verse in the bible that says "time and chance happens to all." i still believe that my times are in God's Hand. my yesterday and all its mistakes are gone. my present is a gift. and tomorrow will take care of itself, with God's help. the biblical writer explains: "the fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. the wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. and those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. it is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time."

i believe i am in God's place, in God's time--the right place and right time indeed...He knows best...all my fears, questions, victories...and even though i make all kinds of mistakes, He doesn't.   

i am believing for remission results tomorrow. more chemo or a transplant are also medical possibilities...but i am holding out for the miraculous...

and no matter what, God's still got this.

all the way.


4 comments:

  1. Terri Brooks said:

    Ur blogs are brilliant. My friend is a writer! I call dibs on the first copy of your book....gonna make you autograph it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice Bustard Galbraith:

    Earlier this evening I put this as my status : "God's timing is not always our Timing but HE always comes through" Saying a prayer for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie Stewart:

    Yes, God still has this situation in His hands. Remember this "IS NOT YOUR LUEKEMIA". It is not God's will that we are sick...This belongs to the tormentor himself. Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy. Therefore we PRAISE GOD for all the good things that He has already done. We'll continue to PRAISE HIM through laughter or tears. Dad and I are PRAYING! Wish I could be with you, God only knows. We'll talk tomorrow. XXX's Mom & Dad <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie Bustard Lloyd:

    Right on Jeannie......(This battle is not yours....you are in His care.....He leads you every step of the way.....God bless!

    ReplyDelete

post your point-of-view here!

"popular posts" suite

"stewart" suite--a bit about me

My photo
here, there, everywhere, Canada
blogger, cancer fighter, cbc-er, cleaner, daughter, doer, dog lover, iphone lover, ipod updater, leukemia fighter, listener, loner, organizer, reader, road tripper, sharer, singer, sister, surfer, texter, thinker, watcher, writer, worker

"peeps" suite--people who follow me directly thru blogger